Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vacation Pics


This picture of the beautiful new Rexburg, Idaho Temple was captured outside my son's apartment window from about a mile away. I loved the blue sky with the lights of the temple. 1/60s, f5.6, ISO: 400



















This is Rachel, my friend's daughter. Oh, what I went through to get her to this train car. Had to hike with her through a foot deep of snow but I think it was worth it.


1/500s, f13.0, ISO 400






















I loved this little cart sitting out in the snow with the old building in the background.

Taken in Egen, ID 1/500s, f13.0, ISO 200






















This snowcovered creekbed caught my eye, just outside of Rexburg, ID

1/500s, f14.0, ISO 400

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

wow that temple is gorgeous! looks like those salt rocks they make into lamps or candle holders! - very cool snow shots too!

cherie said...

beautiful shots!!!

Marsha K. said...

OMGosh that temple is just gorgeous!!!

Pixel Chixs Photography said...

All are beautiful shots. That temple is amazing and I am partial to photos like this so I really love that snow covered cart.

~Ane~ said...

love the first one, nice lighting!

Jane F. Smith said...

Some pretty shots!! like the temple shot..the lights against the blue sky...cute pic of the train and wonderful snow pics!!!

Kindy Lynn said...

Beautiful shots!! i expecially love the old buggy cart and the old shed. reminds me of home!!

Gayle said...

All of them are fabulous shots! I like the temple one with the negative space...the angle of the girl and train...the quaintness of the snow covered card...and the landscape could be a post card!

scrappinpa said...

all of those photos are gorgeous!

Sandie Dunn said...

Wow, wow, wow, and wow! Okay, totally LOVE that top shot! The second one is adorable! Great work girl!

kimB said...

My praise just echoes everyone else's -- gorgeous winter shots, Kathi!

It's hard to choose a favorite, but I thenk the temple shot is stunning in its simplicity and coloring.

Well done, Hon :) -- TFS!

-- kimB

Janet said...

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! All of them! I'm partial to the snow covered cart.