Saturday, October 13, 2007

Shutter Speed

I really don't like any of these pictures but this was an interesting assignment. I first changed my ISO to 100 because my "Rebel Field Guide" person was always shooting at 100 ISO. Then I adjusted the shutter speeds with quite astounding results. Bill and I went to a nature park. While it was a nice day, we were mostly shroud in trees and the light was pretty dim. I found that using my tripod and setting a low shutter speed REALLY improved the lighting.
Frogs: 1/6 and 1/40
Snakes 1/4 and 1/160 (way too dark)

mushrooms: 1/125 & 1/40

Catapillar: 1/13 and 1/40


Spider (note, this spider was a LONG ways away from me): 1/25 & 1/80

Trees: 1/80 & 1/10



5 comments:

cherie said...

great job on the assignment.like how you showed the different results.

Anonymous said...

You did work hard on this one! Hopefully you didn't have to lug the tripod the whole way! LOL! Nice work. (like the frog, but you can keep the snakes and spiders! LOL)

Danielle Holsapple said...

Wow - you were really workin it girl!!!!!!

Gayle said...

Great job, Kathi! Thank you for posting both...it does give us the idea of how the shutter speed setting works.

Jane F. Smith said...

love the photos...the top one is excellent!!